Monday, March 7, 2016

Week Two

It was another exciting week in Dr. Brotsky's office.

Dr. Brotsky and I saw almost 50 patients and I'm starting to meet more patients who had general depression and anxiety during their pregnancy and are great now that their baby has arrived. I've also seen cases where women have a smooth pregnancy and develop postpartum depression due to complications following birth, hormonal changes and even breastfeeding has been a factor in a couple cases. 

I witnessed another vaginal delivery at Thunderbird on Monday and I observed a hysteroscopy Tuesday morning at Arrowhead in which I was exposed to a different kind of surgery and care that Dr. Brotsky provides.

This week's appointments led me to research antidepressant drugs that are safe to take during pregnancy, the stress of pumping especially with working mothers and the benefits of successful nursing, all of which will add to my research project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment