Monday, April 4, 2016

Week Six

March 30 was National Doctor's Day so shout out to all the physicians out there!

At this point, I've gathered 10 completed questionnaires, not as many as I was hoping for. So, Dr. Brotsky encouraged me to include Dr. Austin's, a friend of Dr. Brotsky, postpartum patients in my study so I can meet my goal of 100 questionnaires.

I didn't meet with the social worker this week due to our busy schedule in the office. (How is a doctor supposed to meet with eight patients in an hour?) 

Instead of solely observing appointments in the office like the first couple weeks, I alternate between the office appointments and working on my SRP (my paper, analyzing the data, researching). However, when Dr. Brotsky has a planned surgery or needs to visit a patient in the hospital I am ready to go. 

Last week I was so happy to find this article about the largest ever postpartum depression study conducted by the PPD Act app, which is part of Apple's ResearchKit that allows researchers to develop apps with a global reach. 
I'm excited to see how Apple can change the face of postpartum depression with this study. If you'd like to read this article here's the link. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/health/postpartum-depression-app-study/


  




1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm really enjoying reading your posts. I'm super jealous you get to see actual surgeries!

    ReplyDelete